Beyond My Wildest Dreams

"God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." ~ Ephesians 3:20 MSG




First of all, I want to say Happy New Year! I know, I'm a little late. And I apologize for that. Second, I want to thank you for visiting my blog, and third, you're awesome! Yes, you are. OK, so let me begin by saying that 2014 was quite a crazy year for me. A lot of changes, some were good, some were bad, but it's a year I'll never forget. I had the opportunity to pursue many of my dreams, and to do it with the best people by my side.



The first dream to come true was to take a photography class. At first it was very challenging because I was pretty much clueless about the whole idea of working with a vintage camera, and using different chemicals to develop my pictures. I got so frustrated that I wanted to drop the class, and move on. I thank God I didn't do that, but instead, I kept going, and of course, shooting. My professor, a well-known black and white photographer, was very pleased with my photos. I loved the course! Especially walking around this amazing city, New York, and capturing places and moments with my camera.



Inspired by this experience, my sister and I decided to start a photography project called "Grace & Film". If you're on Instagram, you can look us up, and follow. Basically, my sister is the creative editor. She created the logo, and edits every image. I on the other hand, take the pictures. We love our little "company". We're now in the planning phase, and visualizing where to go next.



Another amazing part of my year was to sing with my own "band". One of my music professors paired me with two guys that have seriously changed my life for the better. One of them is an extremely talented guitarist. The other one is an out-of-this-world pianist. We did three songs together, and performed in front of other students. It was crazy! But oh, it was so beautiful. I also joined another class where I was chosen to lead three songs. Two of these songs were "Heart Beats" by Johnnyswim, and "Oceans" by Hillsong United. My bandmates were awesome and super creative. I felt so honored to do what I love the most with such precious people.



My ultimate dream, and something I was not even praying about at the moment, was recording a song at an actual studio. Everything was so orchestrated by God. I didn't push my way to it, or promoted myself in any way. I was just practicing with my guitarist one day, and one of the music production professors heard us. He was actually in a class teaching a lesson. He came out of the room, and said that we sounded very good. He asked me if I have ever been recorded by any of the music production students, and I said no. He said that my voice should get recorded. The following day, I was supposed to practice with my friend who is a sax player. The professor saw me again, and invited me to record, right then and there. I couldn't believe it! And not only that, he invited me a second time, so basically, I have recorded 2 songs! It was such a lovely experience. I will forever be grateful to Jesus for this.

2 Response to "Beyond My Wildest Dreams"

  1. Unknown Says:

    I love your posts! Keep up the great work! You've been nominated for the
    Liebster Award, details are on my blog:
    http://packforparis.blogspot.com/2015/03/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

  2. Mel Says:

    OMG!!!!!!!! Is this real?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...